We finished transplanting the last seventy-five tea plants that we had placed in the poly bags. We interspersed them with the plants grown from seed in the ground from last fall. This gives us a total of just under two hundred two-year-old plants in the ground.















Our hops appear to be maturing nicely. Having never grown or harvested them before, we are trying to rely upon online sources of tips to decide when to harvest. We have seven varieties including Chinook, Liberty, Centennial, Zeus, Magnum, Nugget and Cascade.




























We finished installing the water circulation pipes and the air bubblers for the new aquaponics trough. We have had it filled and circulating to make sure the pump and pipes are sized OK. We currently have it powered by an extension cord. My attempt to tie into an underground wire that leads to a water pump failed to take into account that the wire was only energized when the pump was running ... duhhh. So we may stick with the extension cord rather than renting a trencher and installing more underground power lines this fall.


No comments

Add Comment

Enclosing asterisks marks text as bold (*word*), underscore are made via _word_.
Standard emoticons like :-) and ;-) are converted to images.

To prevent automated Bots from commentspamming, please enter the string you see in the image below in the appropriate input box. Your comment will only be submitted if the strings match. Please ensure that your browser supports and accepts cookies, or your comment cannot be verified correctly.
CAPTCHA