As mentioned previously, I don't have my cleanroom or laminar flow table set up yet so I'm kind of winging it with my first support trials. For the first molds, I decided to add a filter top rather than try to keep them open to the air. I found a scrap piece of Tyvek material, washed it with bleach and cut it into small squares.






Taking another set of lids I drew a small circle in the center with a felt tip marker just for easier visibility when I attached the filter piece. I then poked about eight holes in the center of each circle with the point of a cheap compass.




To attach the filter I drew a bit of hot melt glue around the circle on the inside of the lid and immediately squashed it into one of the Tyvek filter patches (that's where the drawn circle was handy).







I did a quick wipe down of the filled mold cups, the counter, and the new tops with some bleach solution and then transferred the new filter tops in place of the solid tops on the molds.

No comments

Add Comment

Enclosing asterisks marks text as bold (*word*), underscore are made via _word_.
Standard emoticons like :-) and ;-) are converted to images.

To prevent automated Bots from commentspamming, please enter the string you see in the image below in the appropriate input box. Your comment will only be submitted if the strings match. Please ensure that your browser supports and accepts cookies, or your comment cannot be verified correctly.
CAPTCHA